Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Born with 2 teeth!

When I was pregnant, everyone told me that calcium is the most important vitamin I should be taking. I quit even coffee and substituted it with milk. I had LOTS of cheese, yogurt, orange juice and not to forget more milk. Result? Megha was born with 2 bottom teeth :) I am not kidding! They are called natal teeth apparently. Her pediatrician at the hospital told us that its been 10 years since she had seen a baby born with teeth. Her family doctor told that she had never seen a baby born with teeth :)

After a bit of research I found out that 1 out of 4000 babies are born with natal teeth, commonly known as milk teeth. While breastfeeding her is what I like to call as, 'interesting', she doesnt seem to have a lot of discomfort with 2 teeth. I am thinking of scheduling an appointment with a dentist though; just to rule out the possibility that the teeth are not loose and that they are not a chocking hazard for her.

Every one seem so surprised when I tell them about this; well, I would have too if Megha wasn't born with teeth. One more real special thing about her :)

1 comment:

  1. She is special and amazing:).

    When my grandson started teething early and had 6-8 teeth very fast, we were surprised, then thought these are modern kids:)

    ReplyDelete