Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sleep Routine

Megha is being such a sweetheart when it comes to sleep. She pretty much sleeps from 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM continuously and wakes up only when she is hungry (every 1.5 to 2 hours) and goes right back to sleep. I am so thankful that we didnt have trouble teaching her the day and night difference.
I think what worked for us is to dim the lights and reduce the sounds around (cooking/tv etc) and she sleeps so well after that. During the course of the day I am trying to maintain the normal environment like playing TV, washing dishes etc.

The only issue (for the lack of better word) is that she likes to be held all the time while sleeping. If I keep her in her crib, she wakes up in less than 15 mins as against sleeping for 2 hours on my lap. I tried every possible way I know to make her feel safe and comfy in her crib, like, making a little nest with small pillows for her, warm the crib matress (with a laptop) for a few mins, keep my jacket so that she can smell me, swaddle her...nothing is making her comfy there!

I dont mind holding her all the time for now but soon she is bound to get too heavy for me to hold all through the night. What shall I so?!
Some say she is too young to be sleeping in her crib alone...in a way I agree but she has to get used to this somehow at some point of time. I dont want he to get scared or feel insecure. What shall I o to make her feel safe in her crib?

No comments:

Post a Comment