Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sleep Training- Part 2

As I have mentioned before that I wanted to train Megha to sleep by herself without waking up in under 15 mins, I started consistently keeping her on the couch or in the crib for 30 mins a day. For the past 2 days, she seems to be sleeping really well when I keep her down. Now, I feed her, burp her and rock her to sleep and gently swaddle her and keep her down and she remains asleep until she is hungry again!! Our baby is growing up! I didn't think that she would get used to this in under a week of gentle but persistent approach of keeping her down.

Dont get me wrong, I am in no hurry to see her all grown up. But I really want her to be able to sleep like this when my mom returns to India eventually. I didnt think Megha would get the hang of it this soon. Yesterday she spit a lot of milk when I was burping her. So, I held her close and upright to make things better and she was wiggling a lot. As soon as I put her down, she stretched alot, gave me multiple smiles and fell asleep (of course this is an isolated incident; she still loves being held, just like any baby should/would). My my my...she is growing up.

Now that she is sleeping this way, I am not sure if I am ready for this yet. Its been under 3 days since she started this and I already miss her being on top of me. Of course she still lets me hold her and I am so thankful that I have the privilege to do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment